Finished all gold class challenges!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Finished all gold class challenges!

Postby Quizer on Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:23 am

Heh... melee combat is always intuitive to me. :P Also, the Wizard Gold challenge sends you to what is basically the Factory level in the Alpha version of the game. Other than that, it's not particularly tough.
Quizer

Postby The Avatar on Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:26 am

Yeah, except you can no longer get those level 9 animated armor kills at level 1. Ah, those were the good old days *sigh*. Except when I think about how much better the beta is.
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby ChasGB on Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:20 pm

Lujo wrote:I think I've had a dynamite trick for the bloodmage. I remember struggling with it untill I switched it up completely, and whatewer I switched it to made it go down easily. I've always found bloodmage silver to be much harder.

Big Like: Bloodmage Gold: Well, that was fun. Dvarwen BM, and was carefull not to let the bugger heal up too much (he did maybe once or twice, and I spent a lot of blackspace looking for BURNDAYRAZ to start lvling). Anyway, more of a puzzle, much easier than BM silver once you figure it out, and a very nice twist. And yes, my suspicions were confirmed - the big lesson is in fact that there is another damage glyph besides the one which gets prepped every time.

Remembered what that note was about - as long as the boss doesn't spawn in a corner where you can't pissorf him, a dwarf can do it with no relevant items. Well I did find Getindare and used it, but still - I had a platemail and a keg of mana that I ment to buy but somehow never did. Bought a health potion and I did have a Troll Heart.

Strat - Well, use whatever mens to level up, the sooner you find the fireball the better. Kill and IMAWAL wraiths (no bloodpools, lowish healht). If you can level up with about a 1/4 or a 1/5 of the map left (use IMAWAL if at all possible), start working on the boss. Save as much popcorn as possible through all this, and try to be lvl6. Convert any utility except B2P, pissorf and possibly getindare. Anyway, pissorff the boss many many times. Use up the mana potions first, then start using B2P untill you run out of exploration. Heal up by killing popcorn and drinking blood (immediately, don't hit the boss in between). Level up from killing all the popcorn (invest the sanguine health into killing fatter popcorn if need be), and when you level up, being a dwarf you'll be able to land hits on the boss. Keep killing popcorn and healing off sanguine and use your health potions if need be. It worked twice for me so far...

In short - dwarves can get their health to where they can melle the boss without him healing up even once.

I finally tackled this challenge, and incorporated a recent forum development into my approach. The map has minotaurs in it, and I was able to PISORF enough mid-level minotaurs around the boss where I was attacking the minotaurs, soaking about 2 or 3 hits per (dwarf with platemail is a wonderful thing) all the while getting bounced into the boss. Use the resulting blood pools to fill up, continue with another minotaur. Once the minotaurs were gone, PISORF the boss as normal.

It doesn't break the Bloodmage Gold challenge, but it sure makes it a good bit easier by making efficient uses of resources.
ChasGB

Postby dislekcia on Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:27 pm

ChasGB wrote:I finally tackled this challenge, and incorporated a recent forum development into my approach. The map has minotaurs in it, and I was able to PISORF enough mid-level minotaurs around the boss where I was attacking the minotaurs, soaking about 2 or 3 hits per (dwarf with platemail is a wonderful thing) all the while getting bounced into the boss. Use the resulting blood pools to fill up, continue with another minotaur. Once the minotaurs were gone, PISORF the boss as normal.

It doesn't break the Bloodmage Gold challenge, but it sure makes it a good bit easier by making efficient uses of resources.

This makes me ludicrously happy :)
dislekcia

Postby gameset1984 on Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:36 am

The Glowing Guardian-baptism by potion
this puzzle just killing me!
Could anybody help me through it!
Thank you so much!
gameset1984

Postby Naoya on Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:23 pm

I don't know the exact steps, but I think it was about NOT taking enlightement-

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2341&start=80

We have almost all solutions for the puzzle in this thread, so if you need more help you should look there.
Naoya

Postby ArcticMetal on Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:17 pm

Any hints for Transmuter Gold? I've tried that one like 30 times now, and I have no idea how you're supposed to get enough piety for the unstoppable furies. My best run was with whurgbargle (however you spell it), and a end-game worship of Taurog (what I always do). I got him down to one more death protection but I didn't have the resources to kill him.

Human seems like the right choice here and it's what I've been sticking with. That being said, I have no idea how it's possible to win if you don't get the flame sword to pop off the death protections, and that thing seems to almost never show up for me.

Any tips for Crusader Gold would be appreciated too!
ArcticMetal

Postby The Avatar on Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:03 pm

Go with an early Taurog worship. Kill as many non-popcorn enemies as possible before the boss fight. Popcorn isn't for leveling, it is for piety mid fight, so you can get 3 DPs plus a precasted DP from Taurog. Make sure the boss goes down in two hits using glyph conversion or just doing a lot of damage. BURNDAYRAZ can be used to finish him off. Except for 2 mana potions, use potions to level.
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons