Wasn't there a chat?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Wasn't there a chat?

Postby Wargasm on Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:27 am

Somewhere on IRC or Facebook or something? I seem to recall having real time discussions about this game last year before that data corruption that set my almost-everything-except-like-two-things-accomplished-account back to nearly the beginning.
Wargasm

Re: Wasn't there a chat?

Postby Wargasm on Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:34 pm

Hm. Apparently I dreamed the whole thing. Anyhow, I was checking the Wiki for the effects of Patches the Teddy and couldn't find anything specific. I recall liking Patches before but now I rarely seem to see any good effects, just an occasional 1% resistance boost versus constant poison/mana burns. Still awesome on Crusaders but seems less so elsewhere.
Wargasm

Postby Sidestepper on Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:48 pm

Patches can grant the following boons. To my knowledge, each boon has a equal chance of occurring with each level up:

+3 Health
+3 Gold
+5% Attack Bonus
+1 Mana
+4% Physical and Magical Resistance

He also inflicts one of these curses with each level up:

Mana Burn
Poison
Teleport
Grid Reveal

On long runs, you're usually hoping for the resistance boons. Mana Burn is the most consistently dangerous curse. Teleport and Grid Reveal can range anywhere from slightly helpful to game ending.
Sidestepper

Postby Wargasm on Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:14 pm

Hm. Gracias. Might be there ought to be a thread for "I tried finding X on the Wiki and couldn't" so the people in a lather to update it have some idea of the priority level to assign to which updates?
Wargasm

Return to Desktop Dungeons