Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

Postby OneMoreNameless on Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:17 am

TheSchachter wrote:IMAWAL removes one layer of curse when you use it on any monster (maybe excluding no-exp enemies? not sure). I'm almost certain this is intentional.

Curses are stated to be removed by killing uncursed enemies, neither condition of which is exactly true here. If IMAWAL is intended to bypass Curse Bearer then we should at least chalk it up as another unintuitive mechanic that needs to be documented in-game. (See also: knockback vs blink etc.)
OneMoreNameless

Postby The Avatar on Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:36 am

It does need to be written up somewhere, but it is intentional.
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby Wargasm on Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:54 am

Huh. I never knew that. I could have saved a few deaths if I'd known I could have petrified a L9 I wasn't going to be able to kill to drop a curse. :/
Wargasm

Postby OneMoreNameless on Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:26 am

Yeah. The only reason I stumbled over it at all was that I'd prepped Earthmother for Cursed Oasis and accidentally kicking myself out of the cursed world was already a reoccuring problem in that run, so this was just adding insult to previously self-induced injury. IMAWALing the existing plants was curse-neutral, although oddly enough I recall on another occasion de-cursing by IMAWAling no-exp revenants in the Hex Ruins, so who even knows.

... so, uh, bug reports. What's the deal with those homing piety SFX that just spin circles around you before vanishing in a puff of logic, am I right? You paladins know what I'm talking about! ;)
OneMoreNameless

Postby CoolBoy on Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:23 am

Discovered a sleight typo on a quest listing. When playing the dungeon, and reading the current quest listing on the menu page, I get the following:

Perpetual Questing Initiative
"Defeat this dungeon with a Goblin Rogue and get the Cheeky badge (the first monster killed was a higher level than you.)."

There is one too many periods in this sentence.
CoolBoy

Postby OneMoreNameless on Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:22 am

If you have the same item stocked in multiple locker slots, then selecting it when preparing for a dungeon run will highlight both of those slots even though only one is actually being taken (or will be lost on death, which I spent 100g to quickly test).
OneMoreNameless

Postby dislekcia on Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:34 pm

OneMoreNameless wrote:If you have the same item stocked in multiple locker slots, then selecting it when preparing for a dungeon run will highlight both of those slots even though only one is actually being taken (or will be lost on death, which I spent 100g to quickly test).

You're only able to have multiple copies of an item type in your locker due to a bug. That should otherwise never happen state-wise.
dislekcia

Postby dislekcia on Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:39 pm

mdorkus1 wrote:In the Tinker Silver dungeon I can't convert any items or glyphs except for the starting alchemy scrolls (can't even convert the starting potions). Anyone else have this issue?

This is normal. All the items in that dungeon are set to have no conversion value - you cannot convert things that have no conversion value. That's part of the challenge of that dungeon.
dislekcia

Postby dislekcia on Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:53 pm

OneMoreNameless wrote:Is the backpack supposed to save its contents between game sessions? Because it's not, which makes that feature mostly useless when you're only playing one or two runs at a time.

This is intentional. The Backpack is there to deal with people lockering single items for 1 special purpose run that they might not want to keep in their locker for longer than that. It is not intended to be more long term storage.
dislekcia

Postby dislekcia on Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:05 pm

Bugs logged up to here. Long one, hopefully there are less issues incoming now.
dislekcia

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons