Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

Postby dragfly on Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:57 pm

Hi,
I have the gods related text display problem in the Codex (Likes and Dislikes sections contain only a sequence of '?' characters for 2 gods out of 3 discovered so far).
When I had only Taurog and Binlor, the display was correct.
Then in my last mission (Southern swamp) I discovered the Earthmother, and then the problem appeared for Binlor and Earthmother.
dragfly
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:50 pm

Re: Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

Postby dragfly on Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:59 pm

Hi,
I already posted this message on Steam forum, but it is problem more appropriate to do it here:
"
I am facing an unexpected behavior in the 'Intro to Soko-troll' level: when I have the top-most troll selected and I hit one of the other level-1 trolls via the cross drag mode action, it acts as if I had performed the attack on the first troll.

Step-by-step description of how to reproduce the problem:
- Select the top-most troll (RMB),
- Attack him to get acces to other trolls,
- Try to attack any of the other level-1 trolls with the cross drag-mode action.

I haven't yet encountered troll in other dungeons so I cannot tell if the problem is limited to this dungeon.
"
dragfly
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:50 pm

Re: Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

Postby Urthop on Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:57 pm

flap wrote:Edit : While I was writting that bug report, the "select" button became selectable again. (Maybe the alt-tab changed somthing ?)

Nah, this is an old minor bug, just clicking on something else, and then the guild in which you just unlocked something should open the respective challenge.
Urthop
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:33 am

Re: Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

Postby CoolBoy on Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:42 am

dragfly wrote:Hi,
I have the gods related text display problem in the Codex (Likes and Dislikes sections contain only a sequence of '?' characters for 2 gods out of 3 discovered so far).
When I had only Taurog and Binlor, the display was correct.
Then in my last mission (Southern swamp) I discovered the Earthmother, and then the problem appeared for Binlor and Earthmother.


Forgive me if I misunderstood your post, but it is normal to see garbled entries in your God Codex. One you uncover the various likes and dislikes, they update themselves in readable form and replace the strange symbols.
CoolBoy
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:22 am

Re: Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

Postby dragfly on Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:01 pm

CoolBoy wrote:
dragfly wrote:Hi,
I have the gods related text display problem in the Codex (Likes and Dislikes sections contain only a sequence of '?' characters for 2 gods out of 3 discovered so far).
When I had only Taurog and Binlor, the display was correct.
Then in my last mission (Southern swamp) I discovered the Earthmother, and then the problem appeared for Binlor and Earthmother.


Forgive me if I misunderstood your post, but it is normal to see garbled entries in your God Codex. One you uncover the various likes and dislikes, they update themselves in readable form and replace the strange symbols.


Ok, thanks for the the explanation CoolBoy.
It was not obvious that it was an intended behavior, but now it make sense (especially for dislikes, as one must always learn from its mistakes!).
Maybe a message like "N/M entries discovered" in each like/dislike section would help to catch this point for newcomers.
dragfly
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:50 pm

Re: Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

Postby Nurator on Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:08 am

If you fireball an enemy that has Fireball:Retaliation and Weakening, the behavious is strange.
If you dont kill it with your fireball, you get damaged and weakend.
But if you kill it, you dont get damaged but still get weakened!

That seems inconsistent
Nurator
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:02 pm

Re: Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

Postby Lujo on Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:10 am

Nurator wrote:If you fireball an enemy that has Fireball:Retaliation and Weakening, the behavious is strange.
If you dont kill it with your fireball, you get damaged and weakend.
But if you kill it, you dont get damaged but still get weakened!

That seems inconsistent


Fireball actually has first strike of sorts. Since most monsters don't have retaliate fireball it rarely comes into play, but the killing fireball doesn't get retaliated (I'm not sure about how the burning damage is worked into it, though).
User avatar
Lujo
 
Posts: 2820
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:47 am

Re: Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

Postby FDru on Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:22 am

Lujo wrote:Fireball actually has first strike of sorts. Since most monsters don't have retaliate fireball it rarely comes into play, but the killing fireball doesn't get retaliated (I'm not sure about how the burning damage is worked into it, though).


Read:

Nurator wrote:But if you kill it, you dont get damaged but still get weakened!


However, I don't remember this ever happening, and after testing it against illusions in Halls of Steel I still wasn't getting weakened on killing blows.
User avatar
FDru
 
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:41 am

Re: Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

Postby dislekcia on Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:27 pm

FDru wrote:However, I don't remember this ever happening, and after testing it against illusions in Halls of Steel I still wasn't getting weakened on killing blows.


Didn't happen for me on testing either... Could it have been with a Sorcerer and mana-shield got the eventual killing blow, maybe?
User avatar
dislekcia
 
Posts: 1715
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:58 pm
Location: Cape Town, South Africa

Re: Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

Postby dislekcia on Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:34 pm

Bugs logged up to here. New patch coming this week with those selection/combat changes!
User avatar
dislekcia
 
Posts: 1715
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:58 pm
Location: Cape Town, South Africa

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 2 guests

cron