Sorry for leaving you there waiting for my "big" post, looks like I'm bad with datelines
Also hi gdn, welcome on the forum!
So, what is this secret I mentioned earlier?
It is something I like to call the "limitless lifesteal". Most characters are bound by the amount of health a moster has when it comes to stealing life, but not Gorgons! If the killing blow is a deathgaze strike, you can steal max amount of HP even from a 1 HP foe.
How do you like it? Gaining possibly 20HP*your lifesteal from popcorns?
Though it's not that easy to use. For limitless lifesteal to work, your opponent has to be below your dg%, so no easy HP farming from fully healed popcorns.
There are 2 ways to get around it: poking the mosters and possibly preserving them with poison, or raising your deathgaze to 100%.
But this isn't everything. Playing with Vampires you may have noticed that you can steal life from corrosive creepers.
See what a Gorgon can do with it:
I find it amusing how nearly every monster class has a cool plant-related combo. Also this makes the term "plant spiking" legit
Btw I'd like to share how you've contributed to these discoveries:
- FDru mentioned using Spirit Pact with a pietyfarm on Ick Swamp which turned out to be better than my original method (same but on Havendale Bridge) and more fun too. And let's not forget that on HB I never have found the corrosive creeper trick.
- Lordatog and Darvin gave me very good subdungeon tips, didn't help on the 100%dg run posted above, but definately useful to consider on future runs.
- Also thanks to Darvin about suggesting GG, thanks to him I found the amazing interaction of Spirit Pact with the bearded guy: free extra CP for converting big items and potions, viable even with a late joining Gorgon.
- Unrelated yet fun, thanks to Zaratustra:
- And of course 1000 thanks to Lujo for countless tips and helps in msgs and for encouraging me to post my findings.
Btw there have been a few reasons why it took me so long to post this. Apart from beeing bad at meeting deadlines.
- Not being sure if these fun things will be changed/removed. Today's posts in Ask a Dev reminded me that these could fall under the "planted stuff" category, not just bugs
- That infinite BURNDAYRAZ wizard combo was very inspiring and after some calculation I found that 110 health is enough to pull it off with PISORF instead. I even came up with a crazy way to do it at only 55 health, but it requires you to find an item in the shops you already bringing with you as a locker prep.
In this post I wanted to show a successful attempt of it, like a VT VHoS lvl1 bosskill, but I don't have the patience for so many clicks so instead I share a method:
Orc Wizard of JJ with more glyphs(reduces scumming), prepped bearmace for added peity farming options, quest items (to pull Rock Heart, Fire Heart, that anti poison medal) and take more gold. Sounds crazy, but Spider Amulet as locker prep, and now you only need to find the health pendant and go monotheistic or find 1 more health giving god.
With JJ 4 health boosts + 2 amulets = 100 extra health, enough to reach 110 without being dwarf. Orc will save your sanity when it comes to clicking over and over again.
For the combo you'll need: 110+ health at lvl1, PISORF, IMAWALL, BLUDTOPOWA, Rock Heart, Fire Heart and enough health potions for JJ.
Cycle: You cast IMAWALL (-4 mana, regain 2), pisorf the monster(-3 mana) into this wall (+1mana/health by RH,FH charges by 10%)
so far -4 mana, +1 health
Then 4 casts of B2P covers the mana for 11 health, and a click on FH heals you back. Rinse and repeat.
And don't worry about screwing up the order a few times, with 110 health you have plenty of room for error.
I guess that's about it for now, out of curiousity how many of you knew these Gorgon tricks before?