Beta update: Trouble in the Old West

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Beta update: Trouble in the Old West

Postby dislekcia on Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:15 am

About to upload a hotfix that nukes the Thief crash with new profiles. Dunno how long that's been waiting to bite us... Glad we spotted it.
dislekcia

Postby q 3 on Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:03 am

I... I think the Fire Heart might be overpowered.
q 3

Postby Snowy on Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:05 am

Hey--I think Groove Grove is bugged? I just went in ill-prepared, tried to kill something, failed, retired--but when I got out, it told me the quest was completed and gave me 250 gold.
Snowy

Postby 232 on Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:10 am

Snowy wrote:Hey--I think Groove Grove is bugged? I just went in ill-prepared, tried to kill something, failed, retired--but when I got out, it told me the quest was completed and gave me 250 gold.

I've noticed that happens if you've already fulfilled the requirements of the quest before it was introduced. Happened to me a couple of times now.

Postby Nandrew on Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:31 am

232 wrote:
Snowy wrote:Hey--I think Groove Grove is bugged? I just went in ill-prepared, tried to kill something, failed, retired--but when I got out, it told me the quest was completed and gave me 250 gold.

Yeah, this is a quirk of an ever-changing beta: content won't usually be adjusted so regularly, so if you can deal with these situations they should be once-off. Though we'll try see if we can get the updates a little more graceful if time permits. ;)

I've noticed that happens if you've already fulfilled the requirements of the quest before it was introduced. Happened to me a couple of times now.
q 3 wrote:I... I think the Fire Heart might be overpowered.

Oh crapcrapcrap. Fireheart isn't supposed to break through MR. Though it's pretty overpowered besides. Thanks for the exploit check. :P
Nandrew

Postby 232 on Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:50 am

Nandrew wrote:

Oh crapcrapcrap. Fireheart isn't supposed to break through MR. Though it's pretty overpowered besides. Thanks for the exploit check. :P

This is just begging for an endgame item or a reference of some kind in the game. :lol:

Postby q 3 on Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:26 pm

Speaking of exploits... Snake? Snaaaake?! Sake.
q 3

Postby PeaceChaser on Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:44 am

q 3 wrote:Speaking of exploits... Snake? Snaaaake?! Sake.

Hahaha. Nice one! I was trying to think of how the snake-spawn could be exploited. I figured there was at least one way.
PeaceChaser

Postby Zaratustra on Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:08 pm

I was a Sorcerer serving Dracul, with 5 lifesteal, and the game told me it was safe to hit a gorgon even though my health was very low.
... it wasn't.
Zaratustra

Postby fall_ark on Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:37 pm

Nandrew wrote:
232 wrote:
Snowy wrote:I've noticed that happens if you've already fulfilled the requirements of the quest before it was introduced. Happened to me a couple of times now.

Unless you put some form of hard cap on it, The Crypt will always be a breeze. Tedious, but a breeze. ಠ_ಠ
fall_ark

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons