Beta update: Trouble in the Old West

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Beta update: Trouble in the Old West

Postby Wargizmo on Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:53 am

q 3 wrote:Speaking of exploits... Snake? Snaaaake?! Sake.

Very nice, I was going to make a post about how you could exploit those things for easy piety, I didn't even think to use absolution with it, that's pretty hilarious.
Wargizmo

Postby Wargizmo on Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:59 am

PeaceChaser wrote:Those magma mines REALLY taxed me. I've finally got it beat with 4 classes - rogue, paladin, and sorcerer, and warlord - each using very different strategies. It really made me think about every move. Fun stuff!

Nice, I tried a bit with rogue but kept failing, then beat it easily after switching to the more tanky classes, ended up beating it with priest, monk, paladin using pretty similar strats, then warlord with the ridiculously overpowered Avatar symbol and dracul combo :)
Wargizmo

Postby PeaceChaser on Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:43 pm

I haven't tried the avatar symbol yet. I'm pretty excited about all the new magic-user equipment though. When we asked for mage buffs, they sure piled it on us, eh? I also haven't really used dracul much. It's interesting to see how everyone else has viable strategies, but they are so different from what I've tried.
PeaceChaser

Postby q 3 on Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:38 pm

Wargizmo wrote:
q 3 wrote:Speaking of exploits... Snake? Snaaaake?! Sake.

Very nice, I was going to make a post about how you could exploit those things for easy piety, I didn't even think to use absolution with it, that's pretty hilarious.

You can also petrify them for free bonus experience (since you wouldn't get anything from killing them), although that also works with plants.
q 3

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons