Weird facts about mechanics

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Weird facts about mechanics

Postby AvovA17 on Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:16 am

Hm, you are probably right, because I cannot reproduce it right now.

But I swear, I drank 2 Schadenfreude potions, and I did not even hit anyone, I did not get the icon in the corner that on the next hit I will recover back mana. I have no idea what was going on.
AvovA17

Postby FuscaBat on Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:34 pm

Gorgon's amethyst stare ignores weakness, so the strength of the death gaze may be different from the base damage.
FuscaBat

Postby shade_of_ox on Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:16 pm

FuscaBat wrote:Gorgon's amethyst stare ignores weakness, so the strength of the death gaze may be different from the base damage.

Wow, that's exactly the kind of weird mechanic this thread needs!
shade_of_ox

Postby Nurator on Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:55 pm

Wow, I think noone ever noticed that. Good catch! I wonder if I can use that in a puzzle design :O
Nurator

Postby FuscaBat on Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:29 pm

I was reminded of Dislekcia's comment regarding the slayer wand when playing Hexx Ruins today:

dislekcia wrote:In the code there's a bunch of logic that would limit the exp to the lowest of either your level or the enemy's level that's commented out, instead it just sets the enemy level to yours.

Consequentially, using a slayer wand in Hexx Ruins spawns a revenant equal to your level, regardless of your target. If you level up using the slayer wand, then the revenant's level is equal to your previous level.
FuscaBat

Postby Unidentified Tower on Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:55 am

Not quite this thread's usual fare, but I never knew this could happen:

It won't consume your Shop Scroll either, and you can keep reactivating it to repeat this text, so this is an infinite ozone stench farm :D

With only 7 items in the pool, the game also correctly spawned only 7 of the 8 expected non-apothecary shops.
Unidentified Tower

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons