IGF Judge Feedback

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: IGF Judge Feedback

Postby yatima2975 on Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:47 pm

Baie mooi! I think'll preregister now, only Minecraft and Spacechem have given me this much fun :)
yatima2975

Postby dislekcia on Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:09 am

yatima2975 wrote:Baie mooi! I think'll preregister now, only Minecraft and Spacechem have given me this much fun :)

That's some fine company there, thanks :)
dislekcia

Postby Ellume on Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:29 am

nerka99 wrote:Ok since you guys promised i preordered :P
Now im waiting for native linux version or at least one that will work under WINE ;)
Can't wait for beta :geek:
So is the game expected to not work under wine? The alpha seems to be working pretty good for me under wine.
Ellume

Postby dislekcia on Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:51 am

Ellume wrote:So is the game expected to not work under wine? The alpha seems to be working pretty good for me under wine.

To be honest, I have no idea. It depends on how well other standalone Unity games work under WINE. Like I said, as soon as Unity supports Linux, we'll release native binaries (and I do know that's coming).

The alpha is written in a different system entirely, so unfortunately it's working or not working under emulation doesn't indicate much. Funny that you say it's working fine though, many people haven't been able to get it working right. Anything special you had to do?
dislekcia

Postby Ellume on Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:43 pm

Unfortunately I haven't done anything special, so I'm not sure what is making it work. I just have one mass wineprefix for all my stuff with mono 2.10, .net 2.0, visual c++ libraries (vcrun2008) so maybe it is one of those. Also the sound doesn't work for me, but I haven't looking into that really since I don't care much about the sound.

Well I'm glad to hear that desktop dungeons will be on linux sometime, and I'm also more interested to try the beta out to see how it runs on wine :D
Ellume

Postby aguydude on Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:45 pm

flap wrote:
They said a while ago that beta testing might start in july. They need time to add some content, and July has 31 days. So it could be still a few good weeks away.

Well, it's July now. :::Checks his email:::

Nope, no beta yet. :cry: :cry:
aguydude

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons