Guess the upcoming feature!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Guess the upcoming feature!

Postby Halion on Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:09 pm

dislekcia wrote:Yay, stealing things from shops works properly now. It basically morality-hard-crashed the game before...

In fairness, that could be for any game. ;)
Halion

Re: Guess the upcoming feature!

Postby FDru on Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:24 pm

Why is your name red and why does it bug the hell out of me?
FDru

Postby JonahHollow on Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:52 pm

That'd be cool if it was for DD. I was going to suggest some kind of feature where theifs could steal and item from the shop, but then have no other shops sell them anything, or something along those lines.
JonahHollow

Postby The Avatar on Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:08 pm

Steal one, and risk not being able to buy? DEFINITELY!!!!!
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby mtomato on Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:13 pm

FDru wrote:Why is your name red and why does it bug the hell out of me?

Because the visited links have been set to be red?
It bugged me too. When I joined these forums last week, for a moment I thought he was a mod because of the red name.
JonahHollow wrote:That'd be cool if it was for DD. I was going to suggest some kind of feature where theifs could steal and item from the shop, but then have no other shops sell them anything, or something along those lines.
What if shops would be replaced by angry high-level shopkeepers, who yield no experience points when killed, potentially blocking the player's path, instead of the shops just being closed?
mtomato

Postby The Avatar on Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:38 pm

Even funnier. They'd be like those darn gardeners.
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby subanark on Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:20 pm

Well since we didn't have any new dungeons last week, I'm sure we can expect some this week. Nothing helps flush out changes in game mechanics (and new stuff) like a new dungeon to test it against. We still have 1 god and 4 classes left to implement (assuming all of alpha is being included, and nothing else).

If the tinkerer is going to be added, he will need something to address the limited inventory space in the game. Something like every item is small, or double conversion ratio (and I'd probably go with shops restock random new items instead of more shops).

As for a dungeon - Something like shifting tide, where enemies move from left to right a bit every time you kill one. The boss doesn't appear until you've killed enough of them.
subanark

Postby The Avatar on Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:27 pm

I'm lobbying for a troll cave which is unlocked after rock garden, like bandit camp, labyrinth, or slime pits. Not necessary to complete but still there.

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Return to Desktop Dungeons