Way of the Fist Help/strats

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Way of the Fist Help/strats

Postby The Avatar on Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:29 am

If you can beat SMM without Taurog, this dungeon will be easy if you have used no other resources.
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:10 pm

Alweth wrote:I don't remember exactly how I beat this one, but I remember it was on my first try with a halfing using the Tri-sword. I had tried it a few times before with other combinations, including Orc with the conversion seal combo, but it was surprisingly easy with the Triling. It wasn't a cake-walk, of course.

Very few things are "surprisingly" easy with a Triling ^^. The fact that it wasn't a cakewalk, aslo speaks volumes :)

And yeah, you can't really afford taurog, as you need firebals to finish the goo off, and I guess the SMM should be beaten first, and as early as possible.
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:15 pm

If you can get the poison boon, it is SUPER good. Now you can fireball regen the goo, which is a huge help...
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:15 pm

The Avatar wrote:If you can get the poison boon, it is SUPER good. Now you can fireball regen the goo, which is a huge help...

That is true, but getting piety from Tiki involves killing a lot of stuff, which is best saved for after dealing with SMM - otherwise he'll get poison, and unless you got HALPMEH, you really want to fight him before that.
Lujo

Postby q 3 on Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:50 pm

IMO this quest should be a lot easier now than it was when it was first implemented - with Binlor, you can easily reduce Tower of Goo's phys resistance to a low enough level to melee him. If you find the altar and BLUDTOPOWA early enough, you could probably even get him down to zero resistance (although I'm not sure if there are enough walls for that).
q 3

Postby The Avatar on Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:46 pm

And now monks can get 75% resistance!!!!

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons