Beta's nearly ready!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Beta's nearly ready!

Postby Jaxzar on Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:22 am

Anyone staying up all night to be ready whenever the beta comes out?

*raises hand* :D
Jaxzar, Dwarf Rogue
Jaxzar

Postby Herborist on Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:48 am

Jaxzar wrote:Anyone staying up all night for the instant the beta comes out?

I think you should reconsider that. The developers probably live on a different continent than you, which means that their Monday morning is probably far off from your Monday morning.

I expect that for those of us in America, it'll be out around Monday night/Tuesday morning.
Herborist

Postby Jaxzar on Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:37 am

Herborist wrote:
Jaxzar wrote:Anyone staying up all night for the instant the beta comes out?

I think you should reconsider that. The developers probably live on a different continent than you, which means that their Monday morning is probably far off from your Monday morning.

I expect that for those of us in America, it'll be out around Monday night/Tuesday morning.

Shucks, gotta wait another day. I was actually half-joking about the staying up part. Just wanted to share in the [already intense] enthusiasm!
Jaxzar, Dwarf Rogue
Jaxzar

Postby johndramey on Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:15 am

Herborist wrote:I think you should reconsider that. The developers probably live on a different continent than you, which means that their Monday morning is probably far off from your Monday morning.

Yup, I'm trying to cut down on my anticipation by not coming to the website as often. I think I'm down to like 3-4 times a day. I even live in South Korea, which makes the "Monday" thing even more cruel. It's been Monday here for 17 hours!
johndramey

Postby Carl on Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:54 am

I think I'm down to like 3-4 times a day.

I wish I could do that... I'm at about 3/4 times an hour, and that's quite a struggle. I wonder if any of the devs got any sleep last night? This is worse than christmas :P
Carl

Postby bkteer on Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:59 am

i wonder if it's just me but i can't seem to view the ddbeta hash on twitter. Anyone else experiencing this as well?
bkteer

Postby bkteer on Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:19 pm

ba it seems twitter has something against me....can't view the status update of the dd beta.

Ah the wait is so nerve wrecking. That and being in the dark knowing that just any minute the dd beta is released.
bkteer

Postby TheLogan on Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:20 pm

Right this instant it's 15:21 in cape town, so I suspect monday morning is out of the question now, heh
TheLogan

Postby Herborist on Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:08 pm

TheLogan wrote:Right this instant it's 15:21 in cape town, so I suspect monday morning is out of the question now, heh

When they said Monday as a release date, they probably meant their Monday. It's unfortunate since most of us are in the US, or at the very least not in South-Africa.

I'm sure it'll be out some time today (assuming they don't have any technical issues). We've waited this long, we can wait a few more hours. ;)

bkteer wrote:ba it seems twitter has something against me....can't view the status update of the dd beta.

Ah the wait is so nerve wrecking. That and being in the dark knowing that just any minute the dd beta is released.

I've checked all of their twitter accounts and all of the usual threads/blogs/pages and there is no news.

At the time of posting this, it's 4 PM in Cape Town, so we should be hearing something from them 2 - 3 hours from now.
Herborist

Postby TheLogan on Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:16 pm

Herborist wrote:When they said Monday as a release date, they probably meant their Monday. It's unfortunate since most of us are in the US, or at the very least not in South-Africa.

I'm sure it'll be out some time today (assuming they don't have any technical issues). We've waited this long, we can wait a few more hours. ;)

They are from cape town =)
Incidently capetown is in the same time zone as I live in just a lot further south than i am. making it now about quarter past 5pm.
That said they may have ment monday morning somewhere else on the planet i supose :P
America is like 9-10 hours behind iirc, so technically its still monday morning somewhere on the planet, just not in their own home town =)
TheLogan

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons