[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Here be goats!

Here be goats!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Here be goats!

Postby Lujo on Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:52 pm

Look, what you say IS reasonable, but it adds a manual dexterity hazard to a trun based deterministic game.

You've never been deep in Gaan'Telet and died because of a popup coming up and when you click back on your browser the damn char decides you've clicked on the wrong tile, and you unable to even see where your pointer is. I have.

The game's difficult and taxing as is. If I wanted manual dexterity hazards, i'd be playing darts. Or MOBA'S - one of the big selleing points of this game was that I get all I get from MOBAS without having to deal with teamplay issues and manual dexterity issues.

It stoped being a "load up and go, don't worry about dieing" casual roguelike game a while ago. I know the devs and some players are fans of roguelikes, I'm not, I'm a fan of this game - a deterministic turn based puzzle game that takes a reductionist aproach to RPG elements (much like a MOBA), only rewarding strategy instead of reflexes and tactics. If I sit down for a game (or a couple of hours, as it were), any outside elements intefering with what I do in game in ways that can waste rather large amounts of time and effort have less then 0% approval from me.

And ESPECIALY if they are the single largest time waster in the game with no merits whatsoever. I'm not joking about the ratio of my causes of death. The crashes and misclicks cost me about at least a day of my life up to now.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby gjaustin on Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:09 pm

gjaustin

Postby gjaustin on Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:50 pm

I finally failed a dungeon as a Mystera Paladin - due to a play error.

I didn't realize that Timothy still had Poison/Mana Burn in addition to his new 100% Resist Down (yes, 100). I managed to Fireball down Bleaty, but since they were both in the first wave, couldn't quite manage it on him too. Then I couldn't beat the next wave since I had no way to clear my Mana Burn. Oops!
gjaustin

Postby dislekcia on Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:26 pm

dislekcia

Postby gjaustin on Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:29 pm

I use Fullscreen (when I can) and my text is blurrier too.
gjaustin

Postby FDru on Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:34 pm

FDru

Postby q 3 on Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:26 pm

q 3

Postby thegabbert on Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:38 pm

thegabbert

Postby Fran on Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:40 pm

Thanks to crystal ball, the witchs task pt6 got a bit easier. I just managed to complete it without finding halpmeh, and without spending all ressources i had at my disposal:
Using GG, an orb of zot, crystal ball and burndarayz i was able to regen fight the goblins down. Orb of zot is a tremendous help there, I'm surprised nobody mentioned that before.
Having unlocked witch lvl 3 now, I'm shocked how much better the potions are compared to lvl2. Now i understand why there should be something done about this. Also, my dragonisle run was way harder without whupaz than it should have been in retroperspective. :/
I really think you should weaken the bosses and remove whupaz as its a no-brainer.

I also like the new income system, now that it's fully explained, incorporates classes and badges and bet on the boss works, great job :)
Fran

Postby q 3 on Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:19 pm

A request: if you've already cleared the tutorial dungeons on one profile, you should at least have the option to skip them on a new profile. It's just tedious and completely unnecessary. (Start the game with Fighter, Hobbler's Hold, Den of Danger, and Venture Cave unlocked.)

I got a Taxidermist message and a Bazaar quest after killing the boss of an easy dungeon and then suiciding.

The new Bandits are pretty squishy targets for Rogues, fireball users, and the like. Oddly, the bosses in the Rogue easy dungeon are unchanged.

I don't think the Troll Heart is worth purchasing anymore. It's too expensive and no longer worth the conversion points unless you're at the point of nearly unlimited funds; and the effect, even doubled, just isn't worth 16 gold. Knock it down to 8-10 gold, maybe knock the conversion value down a bit too, and I think it'll be just about right.

Bloody Sigil feels just about perfect.

Gloves of Midas could still stand to have their conversion value knocked down to ~35.
q 3

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons