Unlocking Half-Dragon, Gorgon, Vampire

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Unlocking Half-Dragon, Gorgon, Vampire

Postby Lujo on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:38 pm

[/quote]
The Avatar wrote:True. I guess it's my hardcore nature that feels the need to make them hard to unlock.

Were those dungeon ideas with a strong multi level dungeon motiff with impossibly tough bosses loaded with unfair abilities yours or am I mistaken? :D

xspeedballx wrote:Single player games scream for these sort of things. Because if you give broken things after completing the hardest objectives then you are just giving pudding in the sand box(eww gross WOO MIXED METAPHORS!)

Well, I guess getting something silly after comleting the endgame does feel good, the problem arises when the entire comunity decides to beeline for that item, say a Dragonshield, pick it up with a busted class, and then procede on to destroy the rest of the storyline :D

Having said that, I personally, wouldn't mind unlocking Bleaty after beating the new Gaan'Telet. I dunno about you guys, but with all the goats everywhere, I'd love one as a playable race, not necessarily a monster-race.

Oh, and also a good discussion on what would be good unlocks for Vicious dungeons. Personally, I'd love if it was meta-rewards, kingdom-wide life savers that boosted certain strats for the endgame: throphy money increases, or an extra upgrade for buildings, or - extra locker slots, lol, that would be both usefull AND ironic. A locker slot for a small item that would allow you to take one in the dungeon along with the usual guild locker item? Plenty of stuff to consider...
Lujo

Postby Gorgon on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:40 pm

The Avatar wrote:How so? Rogue would be better as they have natural first strike.

Rogues have little HP. Assassin would be better.
Gorgon

Postby The Avatar on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:44 pm

Yes, but the Vamps conversion grants extra hp and the damage bonus is incredible.
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:45 pm

Gorgon wrote:
The Avatar wrote:How so? Rogue would be better as they have natural first strike.

Rogues have little HP. Assassin would be better.

My logic is that resists + lifesteal = broken. My first instinct was Monk, but his damage would fall too far behind.
gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:46 pm

So Paladin in that case. And rogue for a different strategy.
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons