Unofficial Balance Suggestions Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Unofficial Balance Suggestions Thread

Postby dislekcia on Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:06 pm

You guys do know that corrosion boosts fireball damage, right? I've been using EM in one of my limited unlock profiles to form a neat wizard combo that's basically item independent. Greenblood is pretty awesome TBH.
dislekcia

Postby TigerKnee on Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:10 pm

dislekcia wrote:You guys do know that corrosion boosts fireball damage, right? I've been using EM in one of my limited unlock profiles to form a neat wizard combo that's basically item independent. Greenblood is pretty awesome TBH.

I did not know that.

Suddenly the boon DOES seem a lot more useful. 1 use of Greenblood = Battlemage Ring for... it was 5 piety, wasn't it? Bloodmages will probably love this.

And suddenly the Corrosive gloves also seems like it has SOME potential (though I guess you might as well just go with Burning Heart).

Still, I think this does showcase a general problem of abilities that you have no idea exactly what they do or do not effect (remember when no one knew that Slow removed special abilities like Counter Fireball?)
TigerKnee

Postby xspeedballx on Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:15 pm

Hmm that fact alters some opinions both written and unwritten. I will do some messing around an update those!
xspeedballx

Postby Gorgon on Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:19 pm

dislekcia wrote:You guys do know that corrosion boosts fireball damage, right? I've been using EM in one of my limited unlock profiles to form a neat wizard combo that's basically item independent. Greenblood is pretty awesome TBH.

I didn't know that :shock:

Does it boost PISORF damage? I''ll be creating a profile with Earthmother + Martyr Wraps + Pisorf wizard/Half-Dragon.

EDIT: Confirmed, it boosts PISORF damage, even when you knock enemies into each other.
Gorgon

Postby dislekcia on Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:49 pm

TigerKnee wrote:Still, I think this does showcase a general problem of abilities that you have no idea exactly what they do or do not effect (remember when no one knew that Slow removed special abilities like Counter Fireball?)

It was more of an oversight that corrosion damage didn't get triggered by fireballs because of the different damage path. Knockback has always taken corrosion into account - it used the same calcs as normal melee damage. We updated it to make more sense, the player takes extra damage from corrosion when they're hit with magical damage after all.
dislekcia

Postby xspeedballx on Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:53 pm

I think the confusion wasn't because of magical vs physical damage but because bad guys don't cast spells. So thought process surrounded the idea that corrosion impacted combat damage not spell damage.
xspeedballx

Postby Lujo on Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:51 pm

When was this changed? Was it changed at all, or was it this way all the time?

Good thing you rememberd to mention, because of what speedball said, god knows when most of us would catch on to that. If you hapen to figure out why we haven't figured more such stuff out by now, do tell us these things :D

EDIT, QUESTION:
Also, does this mean that one level of corrosion on all AA's in a level COULD make Pissorf take out one DP each if I slam two 1 HP AA's into one another?
Lujo

Postby Crawly McCrawlsa on Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:21 pm

Corrosion Fireball. Awesomeness. Martyr Wraps + Battlemage Ring + Fireheart = all dead. You could probably kill the vicious indomitable at level 1 with that.
I play DD, Sc2, BLC, LoL, and many more. Msg me for games anytime!
Dear DD Designers, you're awesome. TY!
steam name: bobbywojo
Crawly McCrawlsa

Postby xspeedballx on Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:28 pm

And spend a fortune scumming to get all those :) Though I suppose limited unlock and quest item prep from bazaar could improve chances some.
xspeedballx

Postby dislekcia on Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:53 pm

Lujo wrote:When was this changed? Was it changed at all, or was it this way all the time?

Good thing you rememberd to mention, because of what speedball said, god knows when most of us would catch on to that. If you hapen to figure out why we haven't figured more such stuff out by now, do tell us these things :D

EDIT, QUESTION:
Also, does this mean that one level of corrosion on all AA's in a level COULD make Pissorf take out one DP each if I slam two 1 HP AA's into one another?

It was that way for a while, then it changed due to an unrelated fix. We recently put it back into effect from a logic perspective.

No, the bounce damage will never kill the monster you're smacking another monster into.
dislekcia

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons