The One True Path

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: The One True Path

Postby The Avatar on Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:15 pm

Yes! JJ and TT are ALWAYS useful, while Binlor, for exampe, will only be as good with walls left. And EM will always be good in open spaces, etc.

So unless every God appeals to every character in most situations (excluding some mis-matches like GG Vamps) people will always strategically unlock.
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby valcamo on Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:37 pm

I propose this modification to the church preparation.
The only penalty in choosing a god preparation is that ONE less altar is spawned (one altar is always spawned).

In this way, if a player does not unlock all gods, he/she can choose a specific altar preparation, but only that altar will be spawned.
If all gods are unlocked, then the chosen altar is spawned in addition with a second altar.

It would be super useful if the chosen altar is positioned near the starting position...
valcamo

Postby Fran on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:47 am

Darvin wrote:Many of the deities are strictly sub-optimal and don't have any applicability to a wide range of characters. I'd say JJ and TT are probably the only deities that feels about right currently. I can tell you that I don't care what class I'm playing, I'm always happy to see an altar of Jehora Jeheyu, and TT is at very minimum a late-game consolation prize which can grant easy piety and/or gold.

Of course. But this means that this matter has to be balanced anyway at some time. This is the reason why i suggest one could as well balance the church preps with this endgoal in mind rather than balancing them for the way it is now, then changing how deities work and then changing the preperations again to reflect that.

I also like valcamos suggestion.
Fran

Postby fall_ark on Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:12 am

Or selecting a patron god starts you with worshiping him and one hit of Indulgence.

It's only fair with some of the penalties....
fall_ark

Postby gjaustin on Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:58 am

So the Vampire can beat Naga City if he gets Agnostic's Collar.

It plays completely differently than any other class though. It mostly revolves around getting 120 health back from health potions and completely ignoring Super Meatman and Tomothy since their damage is so low.
gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:09 pm

Sweet! I'm guessing it's 6 lifesteal? Or 7? And then desecrations for more Drac Bloodswells!
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:45 pm

The Avatar wrote:Sweet! I'm guessing it's 6 lifesteal? Or 7? And then desecrations for more Drac Bloodswells!

Dracul seems to only let you take Blood Hunger 3 times, so only 5 lifesteal. I also took 2 levels of Blood Tithe and used the extra piety to grab Humility (and immediately convert out) then convert to Tikki Tooki. I didn't get a lot from him, but whenever I got a Dodge I'd get healed for 50!

Blood Swell probably would have worked as well, but between my 7 Health Potions and the two Undead bosses, I wasn't sure how many I would be able to take.
gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:55 pm

I thought you could get 4 levels. (Costs 10, 40, 70, and 100), that's 6 or 7 with a vampiric sword.

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby Ara on Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:35 pm

gjaustin wrote:So the Vampire can beat Naga City if he gets Agnostic's Collar.

Very nice! You gave me confidence and I did it too with 6 lifesteal. Tikki Tooki's evasion was a great idea!

Instead of GG I took Binlor for Stone Fist: some strategic walls were destroyed using weak bosses to make a path for full rows of walls (helped against the death protections too), also smashing tanks against strong hitters for indirect damage. The destroyed walls gave about 100 extra piety. Some were used to reduce resistance of tower of goo & the wraith.

I finished with 98 piety, Binlor, Taurog and Dracul altars intact. Pactmaker was used for extra conversion points (mana potions were converted too :)). I took Blood Curse at level 9 to get the 100 piety lifesteal early, but losing about 10% of life and damage was a bad idea (not a fatal one in this case, but could be).

http://aranarth.pagesperso-orange.fr/dd ... ampire.jpg :mrgreen:
Ara

Postby The Avatar on Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:48 pm

Nice! You can't even tell it's the arena you killed so many walls...

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons