[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Wiki - finishing touches

Wiki - finishing touches

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Wiki - finishing touches

Postby Tinker on Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:15 pm

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby zayyeh on Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:31 am

I made quite alot of changes to Wiki recently, so I will write here what I've done

- Added/Updated all class portraits and traits. Added templates for Chemist and Rat Monarch
- Added unlocking info into Classes templates. Now you can see it under traits and conversion info
- Updated glyph icons with transparency. Updated glyph templates with missing info
- Updated items pictures with transparency

There are still many things to do, I will update this post time to time :)
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Download over at ddmod.weebly.com.
zayyeh

Postby Lynzkar on Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:43 pm

Shouldn't we have portraits for each class / race, without the tiny squares for status effects on them?
With / Without

The next question then is which race should represent each class, I'd say human for the 4 tier 1 classes. Orc Berzerker, Goblin Rogue, Dwarf Monk, Elf Sorcerer, Gnome Warlord, Goblin Assassin, Halfling Paladin, Orc Bloodmage, Halfling Crusader, Elf Transmuter, Gnome Tinker, Dwarf Chemist.

I belive @dislekcia would be able to provide the portraits raw portraits, you'll have to ask him for that.

Edit: I changed the portrait on the Rat Monarch's page
I am the king of the rats now! Bow before me, peasants.
Class-suggestions, with sprites
Lynzkar

Postby zayyeh on Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:18 pm

Looking much better now :)

Basically I just updated stuff. Old pictures were with old status icons, so I updated them. We can place portraits there w/o status icons as well!
zayyeh

Postby Lynzkar on Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:28 pm

Someone should probary write updated guides for the vicious dungeons aswell, and some of the class challanges should get some slight corrections. Such as thief gold mentioning the balance dagger giving +3 exp per same level kill, insted of +2. (fixed this example)

Edit : Response to post under: "Same here"
Last edited by Lynzkar on Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am the king of the rats now! Bow before me, peasants.
Class-suggestions, with sprites
Lynzkar

Postby zayyeh on Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:34 pm

I absolutely agree with you. As for me, english is not my native language, and what is more important I don't feel confident in this game enough to write guides :)

So I just stick to correcting and updating existing things!
zayyeh

Postby Tinker on Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:07 pm

Well, a lot of the stuff for the vicious dungeons was written before my time (or, written by me when it was missing, e.g. DL, NL, VGT were missing altogether). It would be cool to have more opinions reflected (also I might re-look at even what I wrote, as in the meantime I may have changed my mind about stuff! :lol:).

I do wonder about recommended classes, races, strategies, in general. It kind of goes back to some earlier discussions, and how useless I've found the wiki in this sense when I was a newbie (no offense to anyone, it might've been totally awesome, maybe it was just me being too n00b to really "get it").

Sometimes I wonder what's the right way to even think about this stuff. For example, Rogue: Orc synergizes nicely with it because of the +damage it gives to the rogue's +%attack, boosting overall damage significantly. Dwarf synergizes nicely with it because it offsets the rogue's weakness of reduced health, giving a character with no weakness but some nice strengths. Elf synergizes nicely with it because the increased mana pool complements nicely the rogue's default physical prowess. Gnome can be made to synergize with pretty much anything by adding a mana spike to it, as long as you have +Mana items and/or Mystera available to make that mana spike count... Anyway. I'm not really looking for some big debate, so maybe I'll just leave things the way they are...

There are always classes or boons or races that give specific bonuses that are really good for a specific map, or just generally strong combinations that can mow over any map despite its difficulties.
Tinker

Postby zayyeh on Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:40 am

- Reduced number of pages with broken links from 8x to 10
- Removed all pages with double redirects
- Uploaded icons for all dungeons and added templates for them. Example: {{d|Naga City}}.
- Added mouseover tooltips for glyphs and dungeons. Now if you wait 0.5 sec when mouse over glyph/dungeons text, you will see a tooltip!
- Added pages for almost every monster in game
- Updated/uploaded clean avatars for every monster.
- Updated Monster info template. Now you can see how to unlock this monster and dungeons where you can meet him. Example: http://www.qcfdesign.com/wiki/DesktopDu ... =Acid_Blob
- Added template for buildings with levels and mouseover tooltips. Example: {{b|Guild|Level 1|Adventure Clubhouse}}
- Updated info and uploaded pictures to Guild page - http://www.qcfdesign.com/wiki/DesktopDu ... itle=Guild
- Small fixes to various pages.

TODO:
- Updated templates for classes with mouseover tooltips
- Templates for God's boons with pictures and mouseover tooltips
- Templates for quests
- Dungeon info templates
- Mouseover tooltips for traits and items (most time consuming thing, because it requires to create ~150 new templates with description
- Update other buildings pages
zayyeh

Postby Tinker on Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:55 am

Wow, really nice work! I saw some of the improvements already when I was browsing the wiki, and I have to say, it really improves the quality of the wiki! The new templates and mouse-over tooltips are totally awesome! :)
Tinker

Postby zayyeh on Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:30 pm

I'm really glad you liked that! I'm happy to help community and meanwhile I'm learning new things about wiki markup language and templates :). Eventually I will do all other things on wiki that I want to but for now I will take a break for some time. Last few days I was having dreams about templates and badges and DD monsters and it's just not healthy :P
zayyeh

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons