xspeedballx wrote:Far from second ever.. Second on the new profile. Other profiles have cleared the place a few times. Latest profile has been a slow labor of love for last bunch of months though.
Are you by chance making notes? Those are usefull, and actually fun to keep - plus eveyone can benefit from you thoughts and you can get random illuminating advice as well as help devs see into different stages of a playthrough.
As for the whole potions thing - I think we've been spoiled all along. If you don't believe me think about this - for less than a hnudred gold you could take 5 of the following on any run:
1) A health/mana pot - small item with a million applications, among others cures either poison or mana burn and can be burned to help killing something above your level, can be converted for piety, either can fuel mana for a spike, and both fuel trisword or alchemist scroll.
2) A burn salve - which means you can clear all corrosive plants on a level and get away with it, remove any downside of martyr wraps, cure mana burn. fuel trisword and alchemist scroll, convert for GG piety, solve most of the problems with corrosive enemies or boss, and most important of all - with an EM altar directly translates to 30 piety and 3 indulgences which can win you the game on it's own and can be wholly prepped
3) A fortitude potion - admittedly, needs more uses in game if it's gonna get anywhere close in functionality to burn salve, but solves weakening bosses for resistance stackers, removes poisons and lets you remove poison while worshiping drac and GG
4) A STR potion - which lets you turn a mostly meaningless resource into a free early ding, which makes it a sligtly better early slayer wand with all potion traits, which you get on top of slayer wand
5) A schadenfraude potion - which lets you refill ANY mana pool and easily translates into a big stack of damage you simply wouldn't have at your disposal, as well as all potion traits
6) A Dodge potion - which let's you make the terrible choice of WHICH monster you want to hit for free for damage that can range all the way from "enought to kill a lvl4-5 at lvl1" to "hit a boss for more than a fifith of his health", and is an integral part of lvl1bosskill cheezing, on top of fueling potion related stuff
7) A Reflex potion - which can give you first strike against stuff you'd otherwise not be able to kill, save you resources needed to make one hit on a boss, or land 2 strikes on somethign that you would otherwise be able to hit only once.
8) A Whoopaz - which is what it is.
EDIT: In other words 5 slots ment you could clean out all the varios plants in a level, fuel stuff, grab 25 piety and 3 indulgences, significantly reduce any bosses hit points and grab a few levels on ANY RUN WITH ANYTHING. Now you have to choose a few of those on ANY RUN WITH ANYTHING. Caps becaue I feel it's hilarious, not necessary.
So, yeah, those things are really usefull (apart from Fortitude and the functional overlap between STR and Reflex), and you could bring 5 of them to any run with any class. I'm pretty sure we will cope with being able to bring "just" three
As far as "is this enough" of a nerf to the trisword - probably not, but the right kind of nerf to the trisword would hurt nobody but the most extreme munchkins and would be felt only in places which could be reduced in difficulty as it is.