[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Radical Rogue balance suggestion

Radical Rogue balance suggestion

All things Desktop Dungeons

Radical Rogue balance suggestion

Postby FDru on Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:47 pm

Like some others, I think the Rogue is too good. However, I hate the idea of the Rogue losing his high damage potential.

My suggestion is to tone down the Rogue's ability to kill higher level enemies by lowing his damage bonus but giving him Reflexes as a passive. This doesn't hurt his damage output (I think? Assuming he has -30% bonus damage), but it does mean he will struggle to kill things that he can't take at least one hit from.

This might be a significant nerf in a lot of situations, but it would allow him to override First Strike (since Reflexes has maximum priority now), giving him a niche.

Perhaps the health penalty could be scaled back a bit if this makes him too weak (or maybe he could get Dodge prediction back).

Thoughts?
FDru

Re: Radical Rogue balance suggestion

Postby Darvin on Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:34 am

Darvin

Postby FDru on Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:55 am

FDru

Postby Darvin on Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:04 am

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:45 pm

Yeah. Anyways, if there's anything to learn about classes with damage penalties is that they are way too easily broken (because there are many ways to remove those penalties).
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby FDru on Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:07 pm

FDru

Return to Desktop Dungeons