Please fix the Whoopaz + Zot interaction

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Please fix the Whoopaz + Zot interaction

Postby Darvin on Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:58 pm

WHUPAZ + Zot combo needs a nerf for sure, but the Orb of Zot in general could stand for a buff. Part of the issue is that this item is so rare that I almost never get to use it, so it really hasn't seen as much testing as it deserves. Aside from intentional scumming of elite items using the appropriate preparation with a tinker, I think I've seen it maybe once in the last three months.

Wargasm wrote:Although I may use it to get 18/10 completion on Labyrinth just so it never shows as anything but a burning dungeon again.

Just prep Binlor, and 19/11 completion is trivial on Labyrinth.

I have 19/11 completion on all hard-difficulty dungeons (vicious token on hard Gaan-Telet was the only one that took me more than a couple of attempts).
User avatar
Darvin
 
Posts: 3148
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:44 am

Re: Please fix the Whoopaz + Zot interaction

Postby Wargasm on Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:23 pm

Well you come right on over and do that for me, Darvin. I'm obviously just not that good of a player. You're so awesome, we should build a shrine to you somewhere.
Wargasm
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:22 pm

Re: Please fix the Whoopaz + Zot interaction

Postby Lujo on Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:45 pm

Wargasm wrote:Well you come right on over and do that for me, Darvin. I'm obviously just not that good of a player. You're so awesome, we should build a shrine to you somewhere.


Have you tried actually prepping Binlor in the Labyrinth? Or the guitar? You want to force completion - that's all you really need. The attitude will get you into trouble eventually. I took the bullet for you once allready unintentionally. If I wasn't likely to get the blame again, I would've reported you several times so far, and if the terms of how I got my warnings applied to you, you would've been at the very least warned a few times allready.

I'm honestly surprised at how much you're getting away with.
User avatar
Lujo
 
Posts: 2841
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:47 am

Re: Please fix the Whoopaz + Zot interaction

Postby Wargasm on Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:00 pm

Well I can't very well prep Binlor if I'm trying to get the Purist badge, and Darvin has repeatedly offered me condescending advice (which has been wrong every single time, to boot) and then decides to throw in he has 19/11 on everything and only VT GT took more than a couple of tries, as if that were somehow relevant. Especially when, as stated, all his advice so far has been wrong (prepping Binlor to get Purist, prepping five potions in the full version and then trying to instruct me on how to count, et cetera.)

I never had any problem with him during the Beta, but ever since I came back he's been all over me with bad, condescending advice, and I don't take kindly to condescension. Especially from people who are wrong. I appreciate what you did, Lujo, don't think I didn't. Although that's a bit tempered by the fact that you just admitted you'd be reporting me. For what, I don't know. I'm not the one seeking out and insulting other posters with bad advice while acting superiour. I generally only offer advice to very new players, because those are the only people who will benefit from anything I have to say directly. To vets, at best, I can make suggestions and offer opinions (like doing Purist with Transmuter since you still get five scrolls) or suggest challenges. I know my limits and I certainly don't talk to vets like they're idiots.

I mean if you don't like me for some reason, that's fine, but so long as he continues to harass me, I'm going to continue to stand up for myself. If that gets me thrown out, then so be it. I don't think we have that kind of moderation here, though, where the guy who isn't instigating is going to be the one taking the bullet. I could be wrong, and if I am I'll no doubt find out. *Shrugs.*
Wargasm
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:22 pm

Re: Please fix the Whoopaz + Zot interaction

Postby JayPlaysIndieGames on Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:15 pm

Well back to the topic at hand:
If they nerf orb or zot + woopaz I hope they do it AFTER I get my first VGT win because I have yet to get horatio below 1000 heath, and I needs it :p
http://www.youtube.com/JayPlaysIndieGames
Check out the Desktop Dungeons Review, let's play, and tutorials :)
User avatar
JayPlaysIndieGames
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 10:13 pm

Re: Please fix the Whoopaz + Zot interaction

Postby Wargasm on Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:24 pm

I remember at one point in the Beta, VGT Horatio was in HGT and vice versa. I actually almost got him at one point. It involved very high resist and Martyr Wraps, but I don't remember what I was actually playing. I *think* it was a Paladin and I was trying to use the Wraps + HALPMEH boost + 25% base resist on the Paladin to scooch through. I can only guess I was with GG, EM, JJ, or Binlor. I know the Orb wasn't involved, and of course I also know in the five VGT runs I've tried I haven't even made it to Horatio, so take anything I say here with a massive and full shaker of salt. Possibly the one lost in Margaritaville.
Wargasm
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:22 pm

Re: Please fix the Whoopaz + Zot interaction

Postby Lujo on Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:25 pm

Wargasm wrote:Well I can't very well prep Binlor if I'm trying to get the Purist badge, and Darvin has repeatedly offered me condescending advice (which has been wrong every single time, to boot) and then decides to throw in he has 19/11 on everything and only VT GT took more than a couple of tries, as if that were somehow relevant. Especially when, as stated, all his advice so far has been wrong (prepping Binlor to get Purist, prepping five potions in the full version and then trying to instruct me on how to count, et cetera.)


Darvin's advice on getting 19/18 - prep binlor - is not condescending, and is correct. Binlor makes that dungeon trivial. If it doesn't apply to getting the purist badge, well, that's no insult to you. Prepping 5 potions - that was changed recently in my memory, and it was popular. My last vid on you tube involves a sidetrack about being able to prep 5 potions is too much. He also wasn't instructing you how to count. Whatever you immagine his slights towards you are, they don't merit your reactions.

Wargasm wrote:I don't take kindly to condescension.


Seeing that every time you make a bombastic claim I go and do a run which disputes it shows that you might just lack perspective, maybe you should get used to the fact that there's simply people who know more then you. If you're incapable of imagining yourself in the position of not having a clue, it's really hard to accept advice that would help you get a clue. And if you're asking for advice, and you are unwilling to accept advice, then you're just going to be an ingrate.

Wargasm wrote: I appreciate what you did, Lujo, don't think I didn't.


No you don't, or at least it's impossible to tell that you in fact understand what I'm talking about. I didn't in fact intend to take the bullet for you, I stepped into a mess you've made, fixed it, but you derailed that mess so hard that the devs were furious and I got all the blame since I wrote some stuff they didn't like to counteract your maniacal and misguided fanboyism in that thread. So they decided it was me who was derailing it and painting the game/them/the community as something which it wasn't - when in fact it was you. I've seen their anger at the idea of someone doing what you did, except you haven't seen it, and should've, otherwise you'd be a lot more manageable right now. So I basicaly tanked a tanker of shit that was headed your direction, because I wanted to help a guy you were haranguing, specifically because I was horrified by you. If I were an angry man, I'd be really pissed off with you right now.

Wargasm wrote: (like doing Purist with Transmuter since you still get five scrolls)


And there you go commiting the vile act of condescending missdirection that should warrant people lambasting you for evil intent and aloof attitude. A bloody typo. You ment to say "Tinker".

Wargasm wrote:where the guy who isn't instigating is going to be the one taking the bullet.


You are incredibly lucky that this kind of moderation can happen anywhere, even here, and that in fact it had happened allready, as I have told you. Otherwise you would've been at least warned in one particular case, but you've since accumulated quite a few good reasons but noone had the heart to interfear. And the forums are generally so nice and well meaning that I guess noone actually ever reports stuff.
User avatar
Lujo
 
Posts: 2841
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:47 am

Re: Please fix the Whoopaz + Zot interaction

Postby Wargasm on Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:36 pm

Okay, so I'm Lucifer. Now what?
Wargasm
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:22 pm

Re: Please fix the Whoopaz + Zot interaction

Postby Lujo on Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:41 pm

Wargasm wrote:Okay, so I'm Lucifer. Now what?


You're not Lucifer, you're just in fact that fabled "arrogant and self-centered, self-entitled" guy everyone's on the lookout for. Stop it. Most of your confusion/resentment comes from lack of perspective - you think you know everything, then someone points out that you don't and it's a tossup how you're gonna react/overreact. Stop giving people reasons to stop giving you advice, because some of that advice is good, interesting stuff. Noone's condescending at you for no reason, if it turns out someone knows more than you do - use it and don't whine about it. That's about it.

If your reaction is "how was I supposed to know that" then just write that. That's valuable info. Don't kill someone else for knowing it. And if someone makes a typo, just tell him "surely this is a typo". Otherwise you will get yourself the attention from the devs eventually, it's a wonder you didn't allready.
User avatar
Lujo
 
Posts: 2841
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:47 am

Re: Please fix the Whoopaz + Zot interaction

Postby Wargasm on Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:51 pm

Yeah, except I've never stated, claimed, suggested, or implied that I know everything. In fact, quite the opposite. I constantly mention that I'm bad at the game and can't even play as well as I did during the Beta, and am in fact losing skill. You've dug up a giant pile of evidence which doesn't exist to accuse me of something that isn't true. I'm not going to dispute it, however.

I'm just saying; okay, let's suppose everything you said were actually true and I'm every bit the horrible tosser you claim I am. Now what? What have you proven? What was accomplished by dragging my name through the mud? I'm not seeing what you're trying to do here unless it's derail the thread to bash me (for what reason, I can't imagine, as I've never said anything even mildly snarky to or about you in my memory.)

I think I've stopped wondering why we don't get many new faces around here, though. I'm going to give a long thought to the Steam forum, which has all the same advice but without all the drama and fighting. (And I guess I've answered my own question; what you're accomplishing is driving me off.)
Wargasm
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:22 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 10 guests