[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Easiest/Hardest monsters?

Easiest/Hardest monsters?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Easiest/Hardest monsters?

Postby The Avatar on Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:24 pm

Pretty much. The devs put the harshest monsters in the harshest dungeons, so late game, these guys are everywhere.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:22 am

There is one thing I like about the current design of animated armors. Gorgons are really, really good against them.

Between poison strike and death gaze, they can take out even a level 9 armor in 6 attacks. Even less if they get knockback somehow.
gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:46 am

How? Does deathgaze remove death protection or kill two at once?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby q 3 on Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:30 am

I'm almost shocked they haven't been mentioned yet, but even I tend to forget about them - they're just so ridiculously overpowered that you can usually write them off if they spawn above level 4 or so. Illusions. Total bastards. There isn't a single strategy you can hit them with that they can't ruin; anyone but a Crusader will end up far worse off from a slug fest due to their Weaken effect, PISORF is ineffectual thanks to their phys resist, Counter Fireball is totally unfair especially with Weaken, and unless you're an Assassin you'll have a hard time one-shotting them due again to their phys resist. A level 9 Animated Armor or Frozen Troll I can occasionally see the merit in attacking; even a level 5 Illusion is virtually never worth the effort.
q 3

Postby TigerKnee on Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:46 am

Incidentally, I think Assassins ignore Death Protections on lower level monsters too, so they're one of the better classes for killing AA up to level 8 or so, I guess.
TigerKnee

Postby Crawly McCrawlsa on Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:50 am

^omfg I agree about illusions. And the orb of lusory? Basically useless unless they're blocking a lane. The boss isn't magical attacking, it converts for nearly nothing, and it grants no bonus for removing the illusions.
I play everything in every genre. Send me a message!
Dear DD Designers, you're awesome. TY!
steam name: bobbywojo (BrbHouseOnFire)
Crawly McCrawlsa

Postby Lujo on Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:33 pm

^Yeah, illusions are a pain, but they dont appear outside halls of steel much. Or at all?

And, yeah, Assasin beats everything, as long as he can level up (easy with str potion prep).
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:00 pm

Illusions are unique to Halls of Steel. I think they are meant to be largely unbeatable.
Darvin

Postby Lujo on Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:35 pm

Which is why assasins walk all over plenty of vicious dungeons, even ones where poison doesn't work -.-
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby gjaustin on Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:49 pm

gjaustin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons