There’s nothing that says “still in active development” quite like a healthy colony of interface, progression and mechanical errors popping up every week. We have mixed feelings about the number of these little guys that are still cropping up, but at the very least it means that we have a regular bunch of sharp-eyed forum users who have nothing but our best interests at heart (at least until we finally discover what secret agenda has kept them playing the beta for all this time).
So, this week’s changelog is a nice chunky example of what happens when we panic and realise that a three-update-buildup of game issues is busy glaring at us more furiously than a level 10 Meat Man’s death prediction glow.
We’ve been inserting more graphics and animation tweaks this week while gaining steam on more behind-the-scenes stuff (hint: a certain Danny “Lithuanian and proud” Baranowsky and Grant Kirkhope are really excited about the version of DD they’ll be seeing this weekend).
Prepare to read the word “fixed” a lot if you dare gaze any further! Here’s this week’s changelog:
- Fixed a bug where starting tutorial could repeat.
- Fixed a bug where the gate scroll shop could appear before the bank.
- Fixed a bug where restarting a dungeon would lock up the game.
- Fixed a bug where the first ‘Tavern’ tutorial would point at quest flags that were missing.
- Fixed bug that caused enemies with 1hp to drop to 0hp after using the Orb of Zot.
- Added animation to indicate regeneration is being hijacked by poison.
- Changed graphic on quest flags to make them stand out more.
- Fixed a bug where fighting while on a shop/item would change the selected tab to the shop/item.
- Fixed a bug where a duplicate shop tab would appear when using the Translocation Seal while standing on a shop.
- Fixed a bug where the ‘quest failed’ dialogue for purist was in a strange position.
- Fixed a bug where the PQI flag was not moving to the appropriate dungeon.
- Fixed a bug where codex entry ‘new’ status could persist between profiles.
- Fixed a bug where codex category buttons could show a ‘new’ status and take you to a blank page.
- Combat prediction now takes into account enemy death protection, and the lowered attack damage when stripping them off.
- Boss trophy in-dungeon prices now reflect bet on boss and flaming dungeon bonuses.
- Fixed a bug where the ‘death pulse’ could stick around longer than intended.
- Fixed a bug where Assassin combat prediction wasn’t showing curse/win prediction properly.
- Long Binlor puzzle name fixed
- Draco’s subdungeon fixed
- Using Slayer Wand on Tikki Tooki now counts as cheating
- Fixed visual discrepancy on tooltip font
- Blink effect removed from Slowing Pt II
- Fixed a bug where gorgon player class death-gaze prediction with lifesteal was incorrect.
- Added more protection to prevent item info popping up at unwanted times.
- Added animation for trying to regen mana while manaburned.
- Added better chest graphic.