There are ten badges in Desktop Dungeons, each earned by completing the dungeon in a certain way. You must win the dungeon to earn badges; if you retire before defeating all the dungeon bosses you will never earn a badge.
- Cheeky: The first monster you kill must be a higher level than you (easy)
- Ding! Max: Reach level 10 (easy)
- Faithless: Do not worship any gods (medium)
- Feeling Parched: Do not drink health or mana potions (medium)
- Hoarder: Never convert any item (hard)
- Miser: Do not purchase items from shops (the Translocation seal is okay; medium)
- Purist: Do not use any preparations except basic potion loadout (hard)
- Specialist: Kill the last boss using either magical or physical damage, but not both (medium)
- Unstoppable: Kill all main dungeon monsters (level 8 or higher) without using petrification (medium)
- Warmonger: Never use a glyph skill (converting is okay; very hard)
Some badges may be more difficult or less difficult on certain levels. For instance, it's nearly impossible to complete the Naga City dungeon without reaching level 10 and earning the Ding! Max badge, while achieving a specialist victory against the wide array of bosses present on that level will be exceptionally challenging.
On most scenarios, every single badge is attainable. You will earn a small amount of gold when you first obtain a badge on a dungeon, and afterwards they aren't worth anything except the personal pride of having overcome the dungeon with accolades.