The Witch is responsible for the adventuring kit that your adventurers bring with them into the dungeon. Without a Witch, the adventuring kit contains one Health Potion and one Mana Potion. As you upgrade your Witch through the Complicated tasks series of quests, the number and quality of potions you can prepare will improve.
Level 0 - Shack
An improvised settlement for your Kingdom's very own Witch. Its fourth wall is missing.
- Description: The Witch frowns as you enter. "You know, this may just be another building on your Kingdom Screen, but you'd think that a simple upgrade to something nicer than this patchwork excuse for a home would be in order." "Once you've hit that Upgrade button, I'll see about offering you some useful witchy potion stuff, okay?"
- Cost to upgrade: 200g
Level 1 - Witch Hut
"I know you're reading this tooltip. Please mind your own business."
- Description: The Witch smirks at you. "Now THIS is much more like it! A respectable abode for a respectable occultist!" "For a fee, I can improve your potion kit on dungeon runs. I'll start you with one extra slot, and you can have more as your game progresses."
- Cost to upgrade: 600g
- Allows you to prepare up to 3 potions
- Unlocks preparations: Fortitude Tonic and Burn Salve
Level 2 - Witch Cottage
"Why do you keep reading these tooltips? Don't you have something better to do?"
- Description: The Witch gives you a toothy smile. "Well, aren't you just a complete darling? Not only do you perform all these unnecessary tasks for me, but you also pay for my home improvements on top of it." "I suppose you're expecting some kind of reward, so here's a few extra potion types to get you going."
- Cost to upgrade: 1250g
- Unlocks preparations: Strength Potion and Schadenfreude Potion
Level 3 - Witch Haven
"You don't get any achievements for reading these things, you know."
- Description: The Witch grins broadly. "FINALLY! A max-level building of my very own! Here's all the potions I've got for you until the developers get creative. Or bored."
- Allows you to prepare up to 4 potions
- Unlocks preparations: Quicksilver Potion, Reflex Potion, and Can of Whupaz