All attacks of magical nature (this also includes APHEELSIK) toward the target are reduced by the stated amount (rounded down).
- Non-damaging spells ( IMAWAL, WEYTWUT, WONAFYT) have a percentage chance to fail equal to the target's magic resistance. PISORF will always work unless they have 100% magic resistance.
All attacks of physical nature toward the target are reduced by the stated amount (rounded down).
-4 Piety and +3 XP per health/mana potion
Level number increased by 1.
-4 Piety and +1% physical and magical resistance per enemy attack (once per enemy)
Attacks add one level of Burning to the target. Does 1 magical damage per stack.
Accepted Avatar of Jehora Jeheyu.
Temporary Magic Attack.
Corrosive Attack (target permanently takes extra damage.
The next strike deals an additional 25% of the target's max HP in damage. Gained by drinking Can of Whupaz.
Immune to curses.
Incoming damage is reduced by the Damage Reduction amount.
Death Gaze Immune
Death Gazes have no effect.
Next time you would die, you will instead survive with 1 HP left. The next hit prediction box will state "Barely Alive" instead of "Death" when Death Protection is about to be consumed. If the hit will kill the monster it will predict "Barely Win" instead of "Barely Alive"
When you take damage, there is a chance equal to your Dodge % that the next damage you take can be dodged, preventing you from taking damage.
- All temporary sources of Dodge provide Dodge prediction, where the next hit prediction box will state "Dodge!" when the next attack received will be dodged.
Your next monster kill will grant 50% more XP, rounded down. This is consumed even by killing a No Experience enemy, granting 0 bonus XP. Any bonus experience earned from killing higher-level monsters is also multiplied.
First strike changes the usual strike order: If your next attack will kill an higher level opponent, first strike will allow to you to kill him without letting him damaging you. This only works for the final blow, and if the opponent doesn't have First strike as well.
Fireballs do +4 damage per level and apply immediately the maximum of Burning stacks. Monsters retaliate with 50% attack when damaged with fireballs.
Level lowered by one.
Avoid next x Piety penalty.
Attacks by a knockback entity will cause the target to be knocked back the opposite direction, and will cause specific effects based on the tile behind it:
- A wall: the wall is destroyed, the target takes its place, and it is dealt Knockback% of your base damage as typeless damage.
- A monster: both entities are dealt 80% of Knockback% of your base damage as typeless damage.
- Empty: the target is moved to the empty tile
- Indestructible tile or map edge: no effect
- Knockback damage is applied after normal damage: if you are relying on the knockback damage to finish off the monster, first strike won't be of any use and your opponent will have time to hit you.
- Also, note that the knockback damage is applied after the cowardly effect. Thus when fighting a monster with this trait:
- if you throw it into a wall, it will take knockback damage
- if you throw it into a monster, it will escape before taking knockback damage
Killing goats grants 2 Piety.
Attacking a monster heals you equal to (Life steal x your level). Attacking a lower level monster heals double the amount. The health gained from Life Steal can heal you beyond your maximum HP.
- The health is recovered directly after your hit. This means striking first can give you a chance at hitting an enemy for which your current health would be too low otherwise.
Magical Attack (Player)
Deals magic damage.
Mana Burn Immune
Immune to mana burn.
Averages glyph costs towards 5.
No random punishments.
Regular attack pierces 35% physical resistance.
Immune to poison.
Applies the Poisoned debuff on the target.
The number level ups after level 10.
Guaranteed retaliation against next monster strike.
Restore mana on glyph convert (Mystera: 50%, other god: 25%)
Can drink a blood pool to heal a percentage of your max health equal to the level of Sanguine.
- If there is more than one pool on one tile (you killed more than one monster there), their effect stack. However, you will have to remember where these multiple pools are, as there is no obvious sign to recognize them.
The next enemy attack will regenerate mana equal to its damage.
-10 Piety, overheal and Might per levelup
-5 Piety and +15 Conversion Points per item converted
Adds base damage until next attack.
Adds Might, whenever a wall is destroyed.
- Physical resist from Stone skin still abides by maximum resistance, so you cannot raise physical resistance above the maximum.
-3 Piety and +1 max health per kill
Lose 50 max Piety.
Corroded targets take extra damage equal to the number of Corrosion stacks when damaged.
- Removal: Burn Salve (all stacks), Glowing Guardian's Cleansing (1 stack), Jehora Jeheyu's Chaos Avatar (all stacks)
While cursed, all sources of damage reduction and resistances you have are nullified.
- Removal: Killing a non-Cursed monster (1 stack), using IMAWAL on a XP-valuable monster (can also be a cursed one) (1 stack), The Earthmother's Greenblood (1 stack), Glowing Guardian's Enlightenment (all stacks)
Mana won't regenerate until full health is restored.
When mana burned, you do not regenerate mana from exploration and your mana is immediately set to 0.
- Removal: Leveling up, drinking a Mana Potion or Burn Salve, Glowing Guardian's Cleansing, or equipping the Soul Orb.
- Note: some effects, such as the BLUDTUPOWA glyph, can still restore your mana while mana-burned. These will not cure the affliction, however.
The poisoned target (monster/player) does not regenerate HP from player exploration.
- Removal: Leveling up, drinking a Health Potion or Fortitude Tonic, Glowing Guardian's Cleansing, casting HALPMEH, or equipping the Viper Ward.
- Poison on monsters expires after the specified amount of tiles have been revealed.
Will strike last in a combat round. For more details see Strike Order.
Your base damage is reduced by an amount equal to the number of stacks of Weakened.
Applicable Monster Debuffs
One stack of Burning is applied to a monster when the attack source has the Burning trait. (BURNDAYRAZ or attack w/ Whurrgarbl). Only one enemy can be Burning at any given time.
- Attacking another monster or applying an attack to the Burned monster from a non-Burning attack removes the trait, dealing Magical damage equal to the number of Burning stacks on expiration; hitting a monster with this trait using an attack which inflicts Burning will deal bonus damage equal to the number of pre-existing Burning stacks on it, then the new stacks are applied.
- Maximum charges of Burning equal x2 of your current level.
- When exploring tiles, a monster with this trait will regenerate HP as though it were 1 level lower than it actually is, regardless of how many stacks it has.
The target has a slow attack speed, meaning that it will usually attack last in combat (and thus not injure the player for the final blow). See more details in strike order.
- Being Slowed also disables the following monster traits: Blinks, Cowardly, First strike, Retaliate: Fireball. Killing a Slowed monster grants a bonus of 1 XP. If a monster has been Slowed, the effect will usually wear off as soon as the monster takes damage (including from BURNDAYRAZ or PISORF).
The monster got leveled up by playing the guitar.
The monster has its max hp halved by using the Orb of Zot.
When monster's health is below the Berserk %, its attacks deal 50% more damage.
When attacked, the monster will teleport to a random location on the map.
- More precisely, if a blinking enemy is next to the player when a round of damage is finished being taken, it'll blink.
Also, note that a slowed monster will not blink.
- For example:
- Hitting or casting a fire ball to a blinking monster will make it blink.
- Hitting or casting a fire ball to a SLOWED blinking monster will NOT make it blink.
- Pisorfing a blinking monster into another monster will make it blink. It won't take knockback damages.
- Pisorfing a blinking monster into a wall or empty air, will NOT make it blink.
- Pisorfing a regular monster into a blinking monster will NOT make it blink.
This monster does not leave behind a blood pool after being slain, and does not allow life steal.
When attacked, the monster will flee the opposite direction of you if possible.
To determine whether a monster will flee or not, it will use the same rule as blinking.
Every time you kill or take damage from a Curse Bearer monster, you will gain a stack of Cursed.
The monster's attack applies a stack of Corrosion. When killed, it leaves a pool of acid which applies Corrosion when stepped on instead of a blood pool.
If a monster with Death Protection were to die, the next hit reduces it to 1 HP and a stack of Death Protection removed.
Death-gaze is always accompanied by a percent value, if you get hit by a monster who has death gaze while your life is below the stated percent, you'll die by being turned to stone, the Next Hit prediction box will state "Petrified" when this is going to occur.
The monster regenerates health twice as fast. Poisoned is depleted twice as quickly.
When attacked, you are knocked back to the opposite direction of the monster. If you collide to a wall or monster, you will take additional damage equal to the Knockback %. Knockback damage cannot kill you.
If you reveal a monster from exploration, your Hitpoints will be reduced to (100% - the Life steal percentage) and the monster will heal (beyond its max HP) the amount of damage it did.
The attacks of the monster are considered Magical in nature, instead of Physical.
The monster's attack applies the Mana Burned debuff.
Killing the monster yields No Experience.
The monster's attack applies the Poisoned debuff.
When this monster is attacked with a BURNDAYRAZ he will attack the caster. This retaliation deals half normal damage. Slowed monsters lose the ability to retaliate for one attack. Fireball always strikes first, and you will not suffer retaliation if you successfully kill the monster with the spell.
Upon death the monster is replaced with a fully healthy monster. It is usually of a different type and is 1 level lower than the original or the second monster has No Experience.
When attacked and not killed, the monster spawns a creature at the nearest empty tile. The spawned creature is particular to the monster, but it always the same level and grants No Experience
When attacked and not killed, the monster spawns the specified amount of plants.
The monster's attack applies a stack of Weakened.
The monster is immune to magic.
The monster is immune to physical damage.